Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is therapy confidential in Korea?
Although confidentiality is not protected by Korean law, Information shared with YCPS therapists are held in the strictest confidence, consistent with professional and ethical standards. Therapists will not release information without the client’s signed consent except in rare instances (i.e., suicidal attempt, child abuse, or to comply with a court order).
2. What language can I use in therapy?
Most of our therapists are bilingual (Korean/English). Please let us know what language you would like to use.
3. Do you accept foreign insurance? (e.g., Aetna, Bupa, Cigna, Tricare)
If you would like to get reimbursed from one of these insurance companies, we are able to provide you with a receipt statement at the end of each month. When necessary, insurance companies can be called to assist your reimbursement process.
4. How much do you charge for an individual session?
We usually charge between 130,000-200,000KWN per 50 minute session. The fee can vary depends on your therapist's credentials (e.g., M.A. vs. Ph.D., licensed vs. trainee).
5. Can I use Korean National Insurance to cover therapy?
Unfortunately, Korean National Insurance does not cover mental health services.
6. Can you prescribe medication?
YPCS does not prescribe medications. However, we would be happy to give you a list of references of local psychiatrists that can assist you with this.
7. We are not in Seoul. Do you do Skype/video session?
Unfortunately, we do not do any video sessions. We recommend that you find someone within your area.
8. What kinds of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, credit cards, Paypal, and wire-transfer. Payment is expected at the time of service. Clients requiring documentation for reimbursement from their insurance company can be issued a receipt statement at the end of each month.
9. What if I need to cancel a session?
We understand that therapy sessions may need to be cancelled for a variety of reasons. However, we ask that you give a 24-hour notice. If you do not cancel your appointment within 24 hours, you will be billed in full for that session.
We understand that true emergencies do occur and that those take precedence, so we will be mindful of those circumstances. Also, if you know weeks or months in advance that you will be away, e.g., on vacation, please let your therapist know when your plans are finalized.
10. I need help now. How quickly can I see one of your therapists?
We try hard to make sure that you can come in within three to five business days, or sooner. Please call our office and let us know your needs.
11. My child would like to go back to school (high school/college) after a medical leave. He/she was instructed to receive an evaluation from a licensed mental health provider. Can I get an evaluation letter if I come in?
We do meet with clients for different forms of evaluations. Please let us know your situation and mental health history when you come in.
There is a document process fee of 50,000 KRW when an official letter is required.
If you have any other psychotherapy-related questions, please feel free to reach us at 02.6929.3014 or email us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have.