Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is therapy confidential in Korea?
Information shared with YPCS therapists are held in the strictest confidence, consistent with professional and ethical standards. Therapists will not release information without the client’s signed consent except in rare instances (i.e., suicidal attempt, child abuse, or to comply with a court order).
2. What language can I use in therapy?
Most of our therapists are bilingual (Korean/English). We have French and Chinese speaking therapists too.
Please let us know what language you would like to use.
3. Do you accept foreign insurance? (e.g., BUPA, Foreign Service Benefit Plan, HTH worldwide, GeoBlue, Tiecare, Tricare)
We do direct billing for many foreign insurances (e.g., GeoBlue, HTH worldwode, Tiecare, Cigna, BUPA, Scholars, United Healthcare, Foreign Service Benefit Plan(FSBP), and TriCare). If your insurance is not one of the companies we do direct billing, we can also provide you with a receipt statement at the end of each month for reimbursement.
4. How much do you charge for an individual session?
We usually charge between 80,000- 300,000 for individual therapy. The fee can vary depending on your therapist's credentials and clinical experience (e.g., M.A. vs. Ph.D., licensed vs. trainee). We do offer a sliding scale fee system for individuals that need financial assistance. Please inquire about this if you are interested in our sliding scale fee.
Intern Therapist- 50,000- 80,000 KWN
M.A. Licensed-110,000 - 130,000 KWN
Ph.D. Licensed- 180,000- 300,000 KWN
5. Can I use Korean National Insurance to cover therapy?
Unfortunately, Korean National Insurance does not cover mental health services.
6. Can you prescribe medication?
YPCS does not prescribe medications. However, we would be happy to give you a list of references of local psychiatrists that can assist you with this.
7. What kinds of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, Korea-issued credit cards, Paypal, and wire-transfer(479037-01-015977, Kookmin, You&Me). Payment is expected at the time of service. Clients requiring documentation for reimbursement from their insurance company can be issued a receipt statement at the end of each month.
8. What if I need to cancel a session?
We understand that therapy sessions may need to be cancelled for a variety of reasons. However, we ask that you give a 24-hour notice. If you do not cancel your appointment within 24 hours, you will be billed in full for that session.
We understand that true emergencies do occur and that those take precedence, so we will be mindful of those circumstances. Also, if you know weeks or months in advance that you will be away, e.g., on vacation, please let your therapist know when your plans are finalized.
9. I need help now. How quickly can I see one of your therapists?
We try hard to make sure that you can come in within three to five business days, or sooner. Please call our office and let us know your needs.
10. My child would like to go back to school (high school/college) after a medical leave. He/she was instructed to receive an evaluation from a licensed mental health provider. Can I get an evaluation letter if I come in?
We do meet with clients for different forms of evaluations. Please let us know your situation and mental health history when you come in. There is a document process fee of 50,000 KRW when an official letter is required.
11. I need to see a therapist, but I don't think I can afford the fee, what can I do?
You&Me has signed a contract with the Seoul Global Center to serve the expatriate community in Seoul. Please contact them and register for 5 sessions for 50,000won! Please complete their registration form.
12. I am in crisis and I would really like to talk to someone. Can you help me and talk to me on the phone?
We do not offer phone sessions. However, we understand that there are situations when immediate intervention is necessary. Please understand any calls (clinical conversation) that last more than 10 minutes can be considered as a session and you can be charged accordingly.
If you have any other psychotherapy-related questions, please feel free to reach us at 82.2.6929.3014 or email us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have.